Regional sustainability projects are becoming increasingly more important, especially in view of the globalisation of our business activities. The focal points here are interlinking of companies
within a region, creation of a regional identity and implementation of pragmatic projects.
The objectives of municipal sustainability projects include, for example:
- Development of regional networks with the inclusion of all relevant partners (industry, municipalities, associations, etc.) locally.
- Promotion of the economy and performance of municipal climate protection activities.
- The project participants are encouraged to implement specific measures relating to operational environmental and climate protection.
- The project participants are supported in their efforts to create legal certainty regarding environmentally relevant questions.
- Positive PR work relating to the topic of environmental and climate protection.
- Municipal sustainability projects may also represent a good basis for introducing - with only very slight additional expenditure - a complete environmental management system according to EMAS
or ISO 14001, and/or an energy management system according to ISO 50001 at a later date.
We offer municipal partners and companies the know-how that is required to successfully implement projects such as ECOfit or ECOPROFIT®.
You can find further information on the initiation and successful implementation of municipal climate protection projects here: